Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Clarisonic Skin Care Brush - Week 8 and Final Verdict





So, my 8 weeks with the Clarisonic are finally up. There were a lot of ups and downs with this brush..I guess you could compare it to a real life relationship! Now that we're parting ways, here are some final pros and cons (some might sound familiar):

pros:
- cleanses your skin thoroughly
- gentle enough for twice daily use
- exfoliates
- leaves skin feeling super smooth
- preps skin for better absorption or suction on subsequent products, like peels or moisturizers
- pores gradually minimized (with good skin maintenance)

cons:
- price
- lacks indication of how much time it needs to charge
- difficult to keep brush head sanitary
- bulky size and weight (only for those who travel)
- no amount of external oscillation and exfoliation will completely purge your pores of oil and dirt


I admit, when I first started using the Clarisonic, I did notice a bit of a rosy "glow" in my face after a week or two...however, I feel like I might have been able to achieve that through daily manual exfoliation. Honestly, it does not seem like an absolutely indispensable product. Yes, it provides excellent cleansing and exfoliation, but it's not the "miracle" product that everyone claims it is. Depending on your skin's unique problems, your results might vary week to week like mine did.

The reason I bought the Clarisonic was because I needed something solid to rely on for maintaining my skin amidst stress, hormones, lack of sleep, product changes, and etc. Unfortunately, the Clarisonic, along with my regular regimen, was not enough to ward off my skin issues. I still broke out, and it still took me a long time to heal. My skin is still throwing off some last few miserable zits, in fact.

My verdict? Skip on the Clarisonic if you don't have the extra cash. But if you're a busy or impatient person who can afford to part with $195.00, the Clarisonic will save you time on the cleansing and exfoliation front. It's really a personal choice.

I hope these weekly posts have been helpful for those of you considering the Clarisonic. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to comment or email me.

Related links:
Clarisonic Week 1
Clarisonic Week 2
Clarisonic Week 3
Clarisonic Week 4
Clarisonic Week 5
Clarisonic Week 6
Clarisonic Week 7

2 comments:

fuzkittie said...

Thanks for such thorough review!! This is definitely on my list of to-try.

Friedia said...

When I got an expensive facial at Kate Sommerville, they used this and it got me wanting one. SO I have been using one for 3 weeks now and love it! I dont use it everyday, but I think thats what my skin likes. Thank you for the review though! Im excited to see what you use next! Ive been loving Kate Sommerville products. Have you tried that??

Followers

Labels