Sunday, November 23, 2008

Clinique Brush On Cream Liner


If you've been following my posts, I recently purchased the Clinique Brush On Cream Liner in true black during their October bonus time. The liner claims to be long wearing and water proof. I've been wanting a black cream liner for a very, very long time. I have very oily lids, so it's hard for me to find the right eyeliner. My eyemakeup will always smear under my eyes. I think my upper eyelids must overlap onto my face when I blink or something, since this is such a problem. This is why it's taken me so long to purchase a product that is probably very basic for all the rest of you out there.

I know there are a lot of other popular cream liners on the market. Make Up For Ever's Creamliner is $20 for 0.14 oz. MACs Fluidline is 0.1 oz and costs $15.00. The Clinique brush on cream liner is $14.50 for 0.17 oz. So, the Clinique jar has slightly more product than both of these products, and you get slightly more bang for your buck. It comes in a light, plastic jar, so you don't have to worry about dropping and breaking it. (I dislike Fluidline because the jar is so heavy!) It also comes with a cute tiny flat eye liner brush, but I haven't used it. The bristles are natural hair, which in my experience, doesn't work very well with gel or cream product. The brush will probably work on those of you with larger eye folds or creases; I have very small creases so I need a thin, stiffer brush for the job. I apply this with my super fine eyeliner brush from Coastal Scents. By the way, at $1.99, this brush is an absolute steal! I can never get the hang of liquid eyeliner, but this brush makes it easy for me.

I've been using this eyeliner pretty much every day along with my Urban Decay Primer Potion, and it's absolutely wonderful. I'm amazed with how smoothly it goes onto my eyelids--no tugging at all. And you can really ply the product onto the brush and not have to worry about it smearing coz you've caked too much on your skin. If you end up with a clump on your lid, it's easily smoothed over or blended with a q-tip or your brush. If I apply my eyeshadow primer to the back of my hand, then swipe this eyeliner on top, and then place my other hand or fingers on top, it stays completely in place! Not only is this eyeliner smudge resistant, but it's also extremely long lasting. I could wear it for 24 hour and it will still be in place. Overall, I'm very impressed and so glad I bought the product.

I did use this on my lower water line, and it lasted just fine. However, I wouldn't recommend it for the upper eyelid waterline...when I tried that it smeared under my eyes. Then again, as I've said, my eyes are strangely built so that may not happen to you. Make sure you test it.

As for removal, the eyeliner washes off pretty easily with liquid soap. However, if you have sensitive eyes, I'd recommend using makeup remover or cleansing oil first, and then washing your face.

Some people have even claimed to use this eyeliner as an eyeshadow base! I haven't tried that myself, but I might do that...I have a black eyeshadow with silver glitters in it, I wonder if it could hold the glitters in place? I've always been frustrated about the glitters not showing up!

I will be back next week with more updates...stay tuned.

No comments:

Followers

Labels