Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Estee Lauder Hydra Bright Skin-Tone Perfecting Moisturizer Creme




With the 90+ degrees weather Southern California has been receiving in the past couple of weeks, my skin has been needing a break from my usual assortment of heavy nighttime moisturizers and creams. Thus, I've been using Estee Lauder's Hydra Bright Skin-Tone Perfecting Moisturizer Creme to give my skin a break every few nights. It comes in a 1.7 oz jar with two types (one for dry and one for normal-combination skin) and retails for $40. You can purchase this at the Estee Lauder website or any department stores that carry Estee Lauder. I have been using the one for normal-combination skin.

When I first started using Hydra Bright, I didn't have very high expectations. I thought that this would be like any other moisturizer that I've tried in the past. However, at first glance, the consistency of this white cream seemed unique. It's a cross between a gel and a cream (a gel-cream, if you will) and felt very light and pillowy to the touch. The fragrance does not bother me, and I even thought it smelled slightly like bananas, though I'm sure that was not Estee Lauder's intention. Unlike most gel moisturizers, this cream requires more product to spread evenly and thoroughly over the face, so I've gone through the tub pretty quickly. After applying it to the skin, it feels very hydrated but non-greasy or slippery.

Estee Lauder claims that this "ultra hydrating moisturizer banishes first signs of aging uneven skintone, dullness, and fine dry lines." The ingredients in the moisturizer like the hydrating "Encapsulated Moisture Cells" have also been broken down "to the molecular structure so skin can asborb it more easily." You are supposed to use it both day time and night time before the repair serum. I actually only use this product at night because it doesn't dry matte or non-sticky, so it's not a good product to use underneath your daily sunscreen. (However, Estee Lauder's Hydra Bright Collection contains a SPF 15 Moisturizer so I would assume it'd be better underneath sunscreen, though I personally have not tried it.)

What I really like about this moisturizer is that it actually does live up to its name and really brightens the skin. Within half an hour of application, my skin looked much more radiant and bright. The effect was different than what I've experienced with other moisturizers like Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Purely Nourishing Facial Moisturizer--which instead made my skin look more healthy as if it were glowing from within. My skintone also looked more even and light. The only complaint I have is that the brightening effect didn't seem to last for 24 hours (I only use it during night). This brings me back to my earlier point--perhaps it is necessary to apply this during the morning as well to achieve that brightening effect. For this reason, I'm not positive this product is a must have for skin brightening, but I think it's great to keep on hand if your skin needs a quick fix, especially for special occasions, as the results are quite immediate.

Ingredients:
Water/Aqua/Eau, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, DI-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Petrolatum, Butyrosperumum Parkii (Shea Butter), Steareth-21, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Pentylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Steareth-2, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Coffea Robusta Seed Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Opuntia Tuna Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Garcinia Indica (Kokum) Seed Butter, Fish (Pisces) Collagen, Sucrose, Jojoba Wax PEG-120 Esters, Acetyl Glucosamine, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Phytantriol, Yest Extract/Faex/Extrait de levure, SOdium DNA, Isohexadecane, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Phenyl Methicone, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Capryuc/Capric Triglyceride, Stearoxytimethylsilane, C30-45 Olefin, Polysorbate 80, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phospholipids, Linoleic Acid, Terhalose, Linolenic Acid, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Phytosphingosine, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Carbomer, Sodium Carbomer, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

No comments:

Followers

Labels