Thursday, February 12, 2009

Recent Purchases, Random Babbling

Just a quick random and personal post, because I'm not sure when I'll be able to update again. I shipped my beat up baby (aka my laptop) to repair, and I probably won't have it back until after two weeks from today. I asked for a memory upgrade, so hopefully I'll get one, cause my system is seriously soooooooo slow. Sometimes I have to wait ten minutes after logging into (not turning on, mind you) my computer for all the programs to load and settle down.

My sleeping schedule has been extremely erratic recently. My brain likes being nocturnal, but I have morning classes this semester, so I've been desperately trying to turn my internal clock around. However, it refuses to listen to me! And in an attempt to regulate my sleeping schedule, I've been pulling all-nighters just so I can make it to class and not be late. However, not sleeping at night bodes poorly on my body. I have a lot of cystic acne nodules on my forehead right now, which goes to show no matter how much you take care of your skin, it's all pointless if you don't get enough sleep.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention here in my superficial niche in cyberspace what else I've purchased recently! I am seriously breaking the bank here.


GoldSign Lusty Jeans
18th Amendment Lollobrigida High Waist Straight Leg Jean
Dolce Vita Madison Pumps
Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm (from Bloomingdales.com for the free gift with purchase!)
Marc by Marc Jacobs Biker Stud Skinny Barrette
Marc by Marc Jacobs Dr. Q Key Pouch


I haven't received the heels or the Clinique cleansing balm yet, since I just ordered those this week. I'm so happy with the jeans I purchased, though. The GoldSign pair are the perfect black skinnies I've been desperately needing, and they're SUCH high quality! I definitely recommend this brand if you're looking for high end jeans. The 18th Amendment pair is a dirty blue wash and seems of lesser quality than the GoldSign pair, but they still fit me pretty well. The inseam is 34" or so, so they're way too long, but I like to scrunch my skinnies around the ankles so that works out fine. Both pairs cost me about $100, which is pretty good considering they're high end.

It's funny how my collection of jeans just adds up throughout the years. I haven't gotten taller (just fatter, haha) since high school and now I have no idea what to do with my pile of old jeans. I can still wear them, but I don't really like them. Most of them are flared (since that was "in" then), and since I'm not very tall, I think they make me look shorter. Most are also too long for me, so I have to fold them up, and I don't have a sewing machine so I can't hem them. They don't fit me that snugly either, since I used to buy everything a size larger incase I "grew" later. I wonder what I should do with them.

On another note, I'm not entirely sure I should keep my Marc by Marc Jacobs purchases. Both were on sale, but do I really need them? The key pouch is too small to hold anything besides credit cards, id, and keys. The barrette is cute, but not something I can wear often. I'm wondering if I should return these and purchase the Bliss Peeling Groovy Serum, especially because they're giving away a free Love Handler this month with every purchase. I can't believe how expensive this serum is, though! It costs even more than my Estee Lauder Idealist! I'm sorely tempted to buy it to do a comparison...hmm.

Anyway, if you read through all my babbling, let me know what you think! I'm off to work on a huge research paper...woopee :-( Take care, all.

2 comments:

fuzkittie said...

Woo MJ stuff.. I wanna see.. hahaha.

Rachel said...

Fuz,

Both of them are sold out and it was hard for me to find a decent picture of the pouch :-( but here you go:

Key pouch: http://www.thisnext.com/item/B63C15EB/85882DF4/Marc-by-Marc-Jacobs-Dr-Q-Key

Barrette: http://couture.zappos.com/n/p/dp/49637096/c/3.html

The key pouch retails for $98, and I got it for about $55. The barrette retails for $72 and I got it for about $28.

Followers

Labels